Hi there! We at Chicago Improv Productions so excited to announce that registration for the 10th year of the College Improv Tournament is now LIVE!!
This year’s CIT Regional Competitions will be held throughout the United States on select Saturdays between November 2016 to January 2017. The winners from each of regional match will then compete in Chicago at the College Improv Tournament National Championships on Feburary 25, 2017!
Regionals are scheduled as follows. As dates solidify, this page will be updated with further info.
- November 12, 2016: New England Regional @ Improv Boston in Cambridge, MA
- November 12, 2016: Big Apple Regional @ The Magnet Theater in New York City, NY
- November 19, 2016: South Regional @ Whole World Improv Theater in Atlanta, GA
- December 3, 2016: Upper Midwest Regional @ HUGE Theater in Minneapolis, MN
- December 3, 2016: Chicago Open Regional @ CSZ Theater Chicago in Chicago, IL
- January 14, 2017: Northwest Regional @ Jet City Improv in Seattle, WA
- January 21, 2017: Southwest Regional @ The Station Theater in Houston, TX
- January 28, 2017: Windy City Regional @ CSZ Theater Chicago in Chicago, IL
- DATE TBA (MID NOVEMBER): East Regional @ Baltimore Improv Group in Baltimore, MD
- DATE TBA (MID NOVEMBER): Lower Midwest Regional @ Columbus Unscripted in Columbus, OH
- DATE TBA (EARLY DECEMBER): West Coast Regional @ The Torch Theater in Phoenix, AZ
- DATE TBA (LATE JANUARY): Golden Gate Regional @ Un-Scripted Theater Company in San Francisco, CA
- DATE TBA: Heartland Regional in Kansas City, MO
- DATE TBA: Southeast Regional @ Florida Studio Theater in Sarasota, FL
For information on the format of the Tournament, check out our FORMAT page!
Other Important Info:
— Regionals are limited to 12 teams per regional, so register as soon as you can!
— Registration deadlines will take place two weeks before each regional match. Please have all info and payments submitted by this time. If this presents a problem, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Can’t make the regional closest to you? Don’t worry! Teams can apply for any regional in the competition.
— Teams can be as large as you want, but we ask for a minimum of three players for each team.
— Registration for each player is $15, and allows you to see each match in your regional for free!
— All members of the competing team must be current undergrads during the Fall 2016 semester. If you are not enrolled and attending a college/university during your regional you will not be able to compete.
— Non-performing members qualify as anyone associated with your team who will not be performing on stage such as coaches, crew, and fans. Anyone registered and paid for as a non-performing member will receive a CIT wristbands that grants free admission in to all CIT performances.
— If you have a team member who is available to play in the Nationals competition, but not the Regional competition, they still must be registered in your regional competition to compete in Nationals.
— If a team has paid the registration fee but decides to drop out of the tournament, a 50% refund can be issued up to 30 days prior to the registered regional date. Refunds will not be issued for any regionals that are taking place in less than 30 days.
Thanks, and looking forward to celebrating our 10th year with you!