Hello! We at Chicago Improv Productions so pleased to announce that registration for the 11th year of the College Improv Tournament is now LIVE!!
This year’s CIT Regional Competitions will be held throughout the United States on select Saturdays between November 2017 to January 2018. The winners from each of regional match will then compete in Chicago at the College Improv Tournament National Championships on March 3rd, 2018!
Regionals are scheduled as follows. As dates solidify, this page will be updated with further info.
- November 11, 2017: New England Regional @ Improv Boston in Cambridge, MA
- November 11, 2017: Midwest Open Regional @ Laugh Out Loud Theater Chicago in Chicago, IL
- November 18, 2017: Lower Midwest Regional @ The Improv Shop in St. Louis, MO
- December 2, 2017: Upper Midwest Regional @ HUGE Theater in Minneapolis, MN
- December 9, 2017: East Coast Regional @ Washington Improv Theater in Washington D.C.
- December 9, 2017: Heartland Regional @ ComedyCity in Kansas City, MO
- December 16, 2017: Southeast Regional @ Florida Studio Theater in Sarasota, FL
- January 13, 2018: Windy City Regional @ Laugh Out Loud Theater Chicago in Chicago, IL
- January 20, 2018: Northwest Regional @ Jet City Improv in Seattle, WA
- January 20, 2018: Big Apple Regional @ The Magnet Theater in New York City, NY
- January 27, 2018: South Regional @ Whole World Theater in Atlanta, GA
- January 27, 2018: Southwest Regional @ The Station Theater in Houston, TX
For information on the format of the Tournament, check out our FORMAT page!
Other Important Info:
— Regionals are limited to 12 teams per regional, so register as soon as you can!
— Registration deadlines will take place two weeks before each regional match. Please have all info and payments submitted by this time. If this presents a problem, please reach out to email@example.com.
— Can’t make the regional closest to you? Don’t worry! Teams can apply for any regional in the competition. The only exception is the Windy City Regional, which is restricted to Chicago-based teams only.
— Teams can be as large as you want, but we ask for a minimum of three players for each team.
— Registration for each player is $15, and allows you to see each match in your regional for free!
— All members of the competing team must be current undergrads during the Fall 2017 semester. If you are not enrolled and attending a college/university during your regional you will not be able to compete.
— Non-performing members qualify as anyone associated with your team who will not be performing on stage such as coaches, crew, and fans. Anyone registered and paid for as a non-performing member will receive a CIT wristbands that grants free admission in to all CIT performances.
— If you have a team member who is available to play in the Nationals competition, but not the Regional competition, they still must be registered in your regional competition to compete in Nationals.
— If a team has paid the registration fee but decides to drop out of the tournament, a 50% refund can be issued up to 30 days prior to the registered regional date. Refunds will not be issued for any regionals that are taking place in less than 30 days.
Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you in our 11th year!