Welcome to the 8th year of the College Improv Tournament! CIT’s parent company Chicago Improv Productions is thrilled to once again be showcasing collegiate talent from around the country in our nation-wide improv tournament. We’re working hard to make this year’s tournament as incredible as last year, which saw 136 teams compete across the country. This year we have 13 regionals taking place across the U.S., so wherever you are, come play!!!
Register your team by clicking HERE!
This year’s tournament is being regionally produced by former CIT alumni Ricky Haschemeyer, and will be helped by other former CIT alumni who will be on-site producers for some of the coastal regionals. Chicago Improv Productions is committed to providing professional opportunities for our CIT alumni and this year is no exception. We’re all super excited to be a part of such a fun and exciting event.
Producing the CIT National Championship on Saturday, March 14, 2015 in Chicago is Jonathan Pitts, executive producer for Chicago Improv Productions. Pitts, also the creator of the CIT, says, “Each year the level of talent displayed in the tournament continues to grow. With such wide styles of improvisation being practiced around the country by college teams, it’s evident that this year’s competitors will be just as impressive as the last. I’m very excited to see what each team brings to the table as we move toward the championships.”
The current Regional schedule for CIT 2014-2015 is as follows:
- November 8, 2014: Heartland Regional @ Comedy City (Prelims) and The Kick Comedy Theatre (Finals) in Kansas City, MO
- November 22, 2014: New England Regional @ Improv Boston in Cambridge, MA
- December 6, 2014: Big Apple Regional @ The Magnet Theatre in New York City, NY
- December 6, 2014: Upper Midwest Regional @ HUGE Theater in Minneapolis, MN
- December 6, 2014: West Coast Regional @ The Improv Space in Los Angeles, CA
- December 13, 2014: Lower Midwest Regional @ Comedysportz Chicago in Chicago, IL*
- January 17, 2015: Northwest Regional @ Jet City Improv in Seattle, WA
- January 17, 2015: Liberty Bell Regional @ Philly Improv Theater in Philadelphia, PA
- January 24, 2015: Chicago Open Regional @ Comedysportz Chicago in Chicago, IL**
- January 24, 2015: Golden Gate Regional @ Un-Scripted Theatre in San Francisco, CA
- January 31, 2015: South Regional @ Whole World Improv Theater in Atlanta, GA
- January 31, 2015: Southwest Regional @ Station Theater in Houston, TX
- February 21, 2015: Windy City Regional @ Comedysportz Chicago in Chicago, IL***
*The Lower Midwest Regional’s area includes downstate Illinois, as well as all of Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio.
**The Chicago Open (this is a new regional for CIT) is open to any team in the country not from the Chicago area that wants to come play in Chicago.
***The Windy City Regional is now officially available to only those teams from Chicago’s city and suburbs.
CIT National Championships:
- March 14, 2015: National Championships @ Vittum Theatre in Chicago, IL
Other Important Info:
– We ensure that every team who signs up for the tournament receives a slot in the regional competitions, so don’t hesitate to register!
– Registration deadlines will take place two weeks before each regional match. Please have all info and payments submitted by this time. If this presents a problem, please reach out to email@example.com and like The Beatles, we can work it out.
– Can’t make the regional closest to you? Don’t worry! Teams can apply for any regional in the competition.
– Teams can be as large as you want, but we ask for a minimum of three players for each team.
– Registration for each player is an easy $10, and allows you to see each match in your regional for free!
– All members of the competing team must be current undergrads during the Fall 2014 semester.
– If you have a team member who is available to play in the Nationals competition, but not the Regional competition, they still must be registered in your regional competition to compete in Nationals.
– If a team has paid the registration fee but decides to drop out of the tournament, a 50% refund can be issued up to 30 days prior to the registered regional date. Refunds will not be issued for any regionals that are taking place in less than 30 days.