Hello! We at Chicago Improv Productions are proud to announce that registration for the 9th College Improv Tournament is now LIVE!!
The full Regional Tournament schedule is as follows, and will be updated as further dates are locked in:
- November 14, 2015: New England Regional @ Improv Boston in Cambridge, MA
- December 5, 2015: Heartland Regional @ Comedy City in Kansas City, MO
- December 12, 2015: Liberty Bell Regional @ Philly Improv Theater in Philadelphia, PA
- December 12, 2015: Upper Midwest Regional @ HUGE Theater in Minneapolis, MN
- January 16, 2015: Big Apple Regional @ The Magnet Theater in New York City, NY
- January 23, 2016: Lower Midwest Regional @ Zoo Improv in Champaign, IL
- January 23, 2016: Northwest Regional @ Jet City Improv in Seattle, WA
- January 23, 2016: Southwest Regional @ The Station Theater in Houston, TX
- January 30, 2016: Chicago Open Regional @ CSZ Theater Chicago in Chicago, IL
- January 30, 2016: Florida Regional @ Florida Studio Theater in Sarasota, FL
- February 20 & 21, 2016: Windy City Regional @ CSZ Theater Chicago in Chicago, IL
- DATE TBA (Late January): Golden Gate Regional @ Un-Scripted Theater Company in San Francisco, CA
- DATE TBA (Early February): South Regional @ Whole World Improv Theater in Atlanta, GA
- DATE TBA: West Coast Regional in Los Angeles, CA
The tournament will conclude with Nationals competition taking place in March at the Vittum Theater in Chicago, Illinois where a new CIT Champ will be crowned!
For information on the format of the Tournament, check out our FORMAT page!
Other Important Info:
— We ensure that every team who signs up for the tournament receives a slot in the regional competitions, so don’t hesitate to register!
— Registration deadlines will take place two weeks before each regional match. Please have all info and payments submitted by this time. If this presents a problem, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Can’t make the regional closest to you? Don’t worry! Teams can apply for any regional in the competition.
— Teams can be as large as you want, but we ask for a minimum of three players for each team.
— Registration for each player is an easy $10, and allows you to see each match in your regional for free!
— All members of the competing team must be current undergrads during the Fall 2016 semester.
— If you have a team member who is available to play in the Nationals competition, but not the Regional competition, they still must be registered in your regional competition to compete in Nationals.
— If a team has paid the registration fee but decides to drop out of the tournament, a 50% refund can be issued up to 30 days prior to the registered regional date. Refunds will not be issued for any regionals that are taking place in less than 30 days.
Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you this year!